Welcome to Glasgow
Welcome to Glasgow
Glasgow is one of Europe’s most exciting destinations, which combines the energy and sophistication of a modern international city with some of Scotland’s most spectacular scenery.
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum – Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG – 0141 276 9599
- Riverside Museum – 100 Pointhouse Rd, Glasgow G3 8RS – 0141 287 2720
- Glasgow Science Centre – 50 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1EA – 0141 420 5000
- SSE Hydro – SECC, Exhibition Way, Glasgow G3 8YW – 0141 248 3000
- Clyde Auditorium – Junction 19, Glasgow
- Burrell Collection – Pollok Country Park, 2060 Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow G43 1AT – 0141 287 2550
- Gallery of Modern Art – Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow G1 3AH – 0141 287 3050
- The Tall Ship – 150 Pointhouse Place, Glasgow G3 8RS – 0141 357 3699
- Willow Tearooms – 217 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EX – 0141 332 0521
- King’s Theatre – 253 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8DL – 0141 565 1000
- Citizens Theatre – 119 Gorbals St, Glasgow G5 9DS – 0141 429 0022
- Theatre Royal – 253 Argyle St, Glasgow G2 8DL – 0141 565 1000
- Pavillion Theatre – 121 Renfield St, Glasgow G2 3AX – 0141 332 1846
Glasgow Retail Outlets
Glasgow is the perfect city for retail therapy with the best shopping in the UK outside of London – from the Italian Centre in the Merchant City, to the exclusive, designer label parade of Ingram Street, right through to the boutique shops of the West End. And it couldn’t be easier to get to the city, with three international airports offering direct access from over 100 destinations. <
- Buchanan Galleries – 220 Buchanan St G1 2FF
- St. Enoch Centre – 55 St Enoch Square G1 4BW
- Princes Square Shopping Centre – 48 Buchanan St G1 3JN
- The Italian Centre – 7 John St G1 1HP
- Braehead Shopping Centre – King’s Inch Rd G51 4BN
- Silverburn Shopping Centre – Barrhead Road G53 6QR
- The Forge Shopping Centre – 1221 Gallowgate G31 4EB
- Glasgow Fort – Junction 10 M8 G34 9DL
- Shawlands Arcade – 104 Kilmarnock Rd G41 3NN
Schools and Nurseries
Glasgow is the largest local authority in Scotland responsible for educating almost 70,000 children. Glasgow has over 300 schools and nurseries
- 138 Primary Schools
- 44 Additional Support for Learning Schools
- 30 Secondary Schools
- 110 Nurseries
Popular Rental Areas
Hillhead: This has always been a popular haunt for the student population Hillhead very much in University territory with Glasgow University and Glasgow Caledonian, Park Campus nearby.
Partick : Very popular with students and young professionals who are looking for cheaper accommodation but still within reach of Byres Road and Glasgow University.
Shawlands: A bustling area on the Southside of the city, great for shopping and great eateries situated beside the beautiful Queens Park.
Kelvingrove: The area around Kelvingrove Park is one of the most beautiful in the West End combining impressive buildings and parklands.
Merchant City: One of the oldest quarters of Glasgow and the cultural heart of the city, seconds from the bustle of Glasgow’s busy shopping precincts, Buchanan Street and Argyle Street. The area is characterised by buzzing bars, luxury apartments, tenement flats, award winning restaurants, design shops and artist galleries.
Dennistoun: With close proximity to the city centre, Caledonian and Strathclyde universities, many of its residents are now students and young professionals.
Maryhill and Anniesland: A little further from the town centre but good local amenities and improved public transport links to the town centre and universities are making them increasingly popular rental areas.
Gorbals: Located just across the river from the city centre and has a selection of affordable new build accommodation.
Hyndland: There are a number of high quality delicatessens, cafés, hair and beauty salons. Average property prices in the area are much higher than the Glasgow or Scottish averages
The Subway is the easiest way to get around the City Centre and West End of Glasgow. Running every four minutes at peak times, it takes just 24 minutes to complete a circuit of the fifteen stations